Sunday, December 14, 2008

OUR WEDDING

On the blazing sun Saturday morning of 30th September 2006, Tigwi wakes me up & reminds me its my wedding day. 'Oh! i overslept buddy', i replied and rushed for shower. By then my anxiety had already been overcome by the ring of friends around me; John, Kondwani and Tigwi or and Wise who were encouraging me to not be afraid.

The day had arrived, the day that all along me and my fiance, Justina and of-course the Wedding Committee and friends and relatives had been planning and waiting for was finally there. 'Porridge', i declined no food was apetizing and i just wanted to get through with this and have my bride (wife) home.

Tigwi did a very nice and commendable job, he dressed me to look a handsome bride though he too looked handsome, i thought he was about to hijack me of my lovely bride!!!!!! "sijelasi koma chilungamo". Then came the wonderful service at church with the right Reverend JB Kanyochole popularly known as Rev JB among the Mulanje Mission CCAP fellows. It was all good and memorable and thats when i realised that it was real and we had done it, wedded my Justina. The ring ceremony, the marriage certificate signing and oh! the kiss the bride part. Then it was over at the church and the "mwambo" came and it went.

The reception venue was Mulanje Golf Club. It started with a luncheon and then the speeches and the "perekaniperekani", drinks and the cake ceremony. When they asked me to lift the bride, anxiety struck me again 'nkhawa koma ndikwanitsa kunyamula maiwa' i was so tired. But wow! i managed to lift her with ease i think "ndimaopa kuchita manyazi". Then the reception was over we went for a honeymoon "uh! kunakoma kwabasi kuyiwala kubwerera kumudzi" then Dad had to call as back. Thats how our honeymoon was cut short but we will have it continued soon.

Now we are proudly parents to alovely daughter Michelle, not Obama's wife of-course. We are now learning to be good and responsible parents and we are sure with the help of God she will grow into a wonderful lady as her Mum and grandmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment